An argumentative essay is a special kind of academic document, where a writer has to provide a reader with a set of arguments concerning the subject and the way he or she treats it. It requires great efforts and a lot of time. If you cannot allow this, better find online help fast.
There is a number of different types of argument claims any writer uses:
- Facts and Concepts: are they truthful or false?
- Definitive: what is the meaning of the subject?
- Valuable: how can the importance of the subject be measured?
- Cause and Effects: what is their sequence concerning the subject?
- Attitude: how should a person treat the subject?
The main features of the argumentative essay every tutor pays attention to are the structure, arguments, references, and style. Do we have to mention grammar mistakes and plagiarism?
Formatting of an argumentative document is easy to work on. You can find a proper article with all required formatting tips that concern argumentative papers on the Internet.
Your arguments should be structured well. The most common, acceptable and allowed format of the argument structure – 1 argument per 1 paragraph. To make it richer, a writer can: add some evidence, answer all counter-arguments that may occur, tighten all paragraphs together. To make a logical and persuasive emphasis, go on from the weakest argument to the strongest one.
The structure of this essay is simple: an introduction, the body, and the conclusion part. The trick is in contents. There are some slight differences between university and college essay writing. In the end, there is a need to place the reference list, which is affected by the chosen style and contain all pieces of written and unwritten information a writer has used to make an argumentative paper.
How to Start and Finish an Argumentative Paper?
The introduction and conclusion parts can become the most difficult in the whole essay. There is a set of guidelines every writer can use to make a perfect composition. At first, let’s find out what info an author can give in these parts:
Introduction: a writer can describe a true story that concerns the subject or build an imaginary situation. Also, a writer can start with the explanation of the problem. Do not be afraid to use a quotation, an interesting fact, idea or a piece of statistics.
In the conclusion of the argumentative paper, a writer should describe the consequences of your decision concerning the subject and the people who will adopt your approach. Do not hesitate to tell readers what they have to think or how to act.
Here is a probable outline of the introduction of an argumentative paper a writer can use:
- Mention the title to enforce a point of view of a writer. As you will see below, the title can be a question;
- A good writer minds the audience: how the current matter concerns them;
- Represent your thesis statement. It must be clear and reflect a final position of the author;
And here is a probable structure of a concluding chapter of an essay:
- Squeeze all arguments into several questions, remind your readers about them;
- A writer should persuade a reader to accept his or her point of view;
- Prove that this acceptance will be used by people;
If you lack your own ideas, go on with reading and pick a topic of the argumentative paper.
Argumentative Essay Topics for Your Inspiration
Here is a list of good argumentative essay topics a writer can use in your university or college assignment:
- How Does Outdoor Activity Affect the Future Profession?
- Social Life of School Students and Ways to Improve It
- Argumentative Paper about Sex Restrictions in the Western Culture
- Pregnancy and Love: Ways to Support a Pregnant Woman
- Popular Computer Science and the Future of Profession Relationships
- Bullying and School Violence: How to Prevent Negative Issues?
- Don’t Lose Your Child: How Media Affect Young Boys and Girls
- Is Education Better than Sports? How to Choose Between Them?
- Online Control in Modern High Schools: Is It a Successful Decision?
- Teachers and Teenagers: Why Is It Important to Encourage Friendship?
- An Essay about Importance of Environmental Responsibility for Teens
- Alternative Medicine and How It Can Lay Negative Effects Upon Health
- Effective Means of Audience Control
- Influence of Family in the Modern Society
- New Age Problems of a Two-Chamber Government
- Can Support Provided by Parents Be Bad for Men?
- Are Developmental Games for Kids So Important As They Are Told to Be?
- How Smoking Cigarettes Can Help Some People - Argument Research Essay
- Real Life of Modern Women in the United States
- How Earning Own Money Can Be Helpful for a Student
- Personal Achievements Modern Means of Education Require from People
- Violence and How It Is Fought in English Educational Establishments
- Do Animals Exist for Food? Essay about Veganism
- The Reality of Our World: Best Means to Avoid Stress and Start Being Happy
- Video Games in Schools and How They Affect Interest to Education
- Why Privacy Is a Big Concern for State Companies
- Role of Banned Words in English Language and Everyday Speech
- Support and Care of the Body: Way to Control and Preserve Health
- Can Phones Become Dangerous for Children – Facts About Digital Reality
- Benefits of Being a Top Student in a Class
Topics of this type of essay must not be complicated. They have to contain a strong concept to make an essay relevant and interesting.
Some Final Ideas About an Argumentative Paper
Each writer who has ever succeeded in essays composing will tell you that an opposing point of view is important for this type of essay. Always feel mind and mention it. Never leave an argument opened. It is better to have a few properly proven arguments. Do not forget to proofread and polish your argumentative paper. Grammatical mistakes will lower your chances dramatically.
Always use your imagination, and you will be lucky in writing.