“Based on the studies by the genius Leonardo da Vinci, we can say that people can invent things to make them fly and keep human weight in the air, but it is impossible to make a human fly without any supporting devices.”
It is one of the possible research paper topic ideas. A research paper is the next stage in academic career after the high school essays. They are more complicated, so be careful when getting ready, researching, and writing the final draft.
Are there any questions regarding the structure, topics, or other nuances of academic research paper writing? Ask them online, or order a brand new research paper on any topic from the certified online writers from one of the leading academic writing companies.
Research Paper Definition & Meaning
According to the academic experts, a research paper is an academic assignment based on in-depth search, which aims to explore a specific research problem under the loop and interpret the results of the study. An advanced research paper contains author’s study of topic along with the primary research. The main success factor is the topic a writer is interested in.
Research Paper Outline Main Elements
A research paper outline is different from the one a typical essay has. It makes sense. Ensure the project has the components listed below:
- Title/Cover Page (with project’s topic, author’s full name, educational institution’s title, and publication date)
“An abstract is a narrow summary of which topic the author will be discussing in the upcoming project. It has to be no more than 250 words in length (1/3 of the A4 page) and should not repeat the information provided back in the introduction or conclusion. Give hints, but do not answer the main topic question in the abstract to keep the intrigue. It is like a theater movie trailer!”
Paige Andrews, a professional writer and content manager at PaperOverNight
- Introduction to a topic (a background information with a short comment that gives a hint on the problem)
- Manuscript body (break it into several sections)
- Methodology (includes equipment & tools description)
- Results & Discussion (a.k.a. R&D)
- Conclusions on the topic
- Literary Review or Bibliography (example in MLA)
- Tables, charts, images, graphs – appendix (if needed)
An outline might be formal or informal, but it is recommended to have one.
Do Not Forget to Revise a Research Paper!
Once you are done with the topic selection & writing process, it is necessary to check whether the final text corresponds to the expected academic standards. Keep in mind 2 things:
- Start with proofreading the text (from the topic name).
- End up with the process of editing.
Without having a review of the paper, the editor risks skipping the main topic idea, which will prevent him/her from re-structuring and rearranging the thoughts properly. Editing is not just fixing grammar mistakes! While the author revises the text, he/she should pay attention to the following:
- Do paragraphs have a logical flow?
- The sections recall the topic thesis
- Correct academic tone
- The content is engaging in targeting audience
- Every claim has a related evidence/support
- Necessary transitions are in place
- Fully concluded statements
- Thesis in introduction and conclusion is a bit different
- The main question is answered
50 Awesome Research Paper Topics to Enjoy
Looking for the proper topic name for the research paper? Top college students shared their ideas with our readers!
- The impact of Internet and mobile educational apps on student's academic performance
- The principles of Google/another search engine work
- Human rights that should be added to the Constitution of the United States
- No Child Left Behind Act: Impact on Modern Society
- How does alcohol consumption influence the domestic violence?
- Is there any type of discrimination in education?
- Is it fair to place students by the mental disabilities?
- Limitations of abortion and reasons for limiting that
- Stem cell research
- The factors leading to the racial imbalance in business
- Discuss reverse discrimination
- The differences between Christianity and Buddhism
- The role of government support in public education
- Bilingual education with its negative & positive effects
- The National Organization for Women: Effective or Not?
- Are national standardized tests showing the true knowledge of students?
- Should communities close school with the average standardized test scores below acceptable?
- The fault of teachers in the failed student’s exams in a specific school
- Permitting corporal punishment might be the solution to many problems
- Zero tolerance toward abortion and reasons for that
- Causes & effects of grade inflation
- Health websites do not provide accurate information and often lead to the adverse results of treatment
- Low-fat diets’ consequences for the human body
- The hazards of using marijuana for medical purposes
- To achieve significant improvements in health, proper diet is not enough
- The outcomes of the increased alcohol consumption among the population
- Things that help to quit smoking
- Autism & its treatment topic
- Factors that cause heart failure
- Factors that predetermine heart attack
- Parents should go on vaccinating their kids
- Technology leads to the lack of real-life communication
- Influence of gaming apps on the performance of high school students
- Restrictions on the media topic
- Online social networks involvement
- Ethics regarding marketing to kids
- The ways to communicate with the help of body gestures
- Ways to prevent assisted suicide
- Euthanasia has a right to exist
- Political advertising in Olympic Games
- Top controversial ads of all time
- Affirmative action research topic
- The causes of serious budget deficit
- Patriot Acts and their results
- Transgender surgery
- Homosexual marriages
- Advantages & disadvantages of wearing school uniforms
- Proper funding for AIDs research
- Animal protection is more important than business or scientific development
- Social outcomes of combined team sports
These topic selections are great if you plan to prepare a powerful, impressive, and useful research paper to help the next generation to focus on what is important in our life. Do you lack a helping hand? The best solution is hiring a certified online writer from the time-tested, trusted the online academic agency to complete both independent research and the paper itself. Do not miss a chance to improve the GPA!